Barcelona ‘only have six untouchables in first-team squad’


Barcelona would be prepared to listen to offers for around 80% of their first-team squad this summer, according to a report.

Barcelona would reportedly be prepared to listen to offers for around 80% of their first-team squad due to their ongoing financial problems.

The Catalan outfit will end the 2021-22 campaign trophyless, having watched Real Madrid win La Liga and Real Betis lift the Copa del Rey, while they suffered disappointment in both the Champions League and Europa League.

Head coach Xavi is reportedly keen for his club to make eight new signings this summer in the hope of challenging for major honours during the 2022-23 campaign.

However, Barcelona still have huge financial problems and will need to make some big sales in the upcoming market in order to improve their squad.

Frenkie de Jong is currently being strongly linked with a move to Manchester United, and it is understood that the Catalan giants would be prepared to let the Netherlands international leave if an offer in the region of €60m (£51m) were to arrive.

Frenkie de Jong warms up for Barcelona on November 27, 2021© Reuters

According to Goal, Barcelona would be prepared to listen to offers for around 80% of their first-team squad, with only six players at the club viewed as untouchable.

The report claims that Ansu Fati, Pedri, Gavi, Ferran Torres, Ronald Araujo and Eric Garcia would not be for sale under any circumstances, with all six viewed as key to the team’s plans moving forward.

Fati and Pedri have both had their injury problems this season but are vital players for the Catalan giants when fit and available, while Araujo ended the speculation surrounding his future last month by signing a new long-term contract with the club.

Garcia made the move to Barcelona last summer after running down his contract at Manchester City, and the 21-year-old has featured on 35 occasions in all competitions this term.

Torres, meanwhile, arrived from Man City in January and has been a key player for Xavi’s side in the second half of the campaign, scoring seven times and registering six assists in 23 appearances.

Barcelona's Ferran Torres celebrates scoring their first goal on March 13, 2022© Reuters

Gavi’s future at Camp Nou, though, is far from secure, with the Spain international’s contract due to expire at the end of next season.

The 17-year-old has made the breakthrough into the first team this term, featuring on 44 occasions in all competitions, contributing two goals and six assists in the process.

Barcelona are currently struggling to sign the midfielder to an extension, though, and a number of Premier League clubs are said to be keeping a close eye on developments.

The Catalan outfit have allegedly already secured deals for AC Milan’s Franck Kessie and Chelsea’s Andreas Christensen this summer, with the pair expected to arrive on free transfers.

Meanwhile, Xavi is said to want another centre-back, a left-back, a central midfielder, a winger and a striker in the upcoming market to make the club competitive at the highest level once again.

ID:485663:1false2false3false:QQ:: from db desktop :LenBod:collect6451:



Source link

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

close