Dad’s lunchbox mix-up leaves young daughter ‘in agony’ with ‘whole body on fire’


A dad revealed how an innocent lunchbox mistake left his young daughter “in agony”.

Posting on Reddit, he explained how he accidentally sent his little girl to school with a sandwich covered in one of the most ‘powerful’ hot sauces on the market.

The anonymous man said he always makes up the lunches for his two daughters as well as his wife when she is on early shift at work.

According to the Mirror, he said: “I made ham sandwiches for all three lunches – two normal sandwiches for my daughter’s and one sandwich with THE LAST DAB spread across thickly on both sides of the sandwich. I put them all into baggies and packed up,”

“If you don’t know what The Last Dab is, it’s a hot sauce made by a popular YouTube channel that sits at 3 million SCOVILLE,” he continued. “It’s not for the weak. It’s powerful, it sets your whole body on fire and there isn’t much to do but try milk and wait for the spice to pass.”

A few hours later he got a call from his oldest daughter’s teacher saying she was “in agony” and that she’d been sent to the nurse’s office after throwing up all over the floor.

“I immediately knew what I did, left work and rushed to the school,” he said.

“When I got there, the nurse had figured out what happened and I got an earful from her about the dangers of spicy food for young kids and I could have done some damage.



His daughter ended up being sick in school.
His daughter ended up being sick in school.

“I explained what happened to the principal who wanted to fill out an incident report. He was understanding that mistakes happen but also said this mistake could have been worse.”

When he told his wife what had happened, she went to comfort their daughter and then they all had “a bit of a laugh over it.”

Reddit users were stuck between feeling bad for the man’s daughter and finding the situation funny.

One person said: “I don’t know if I should feel bad or laugh my a**off.”

Another wrote: “Pretty rough school day, being floored by lab strength capsaicin.”

A third commented: “She will never trust another sandwich made by you again lol.”

Others shared spicy situations of their own, as one person revealed: “My gran makes a toxic sandwich on purpose when I was a kid… told me not to eat my lunch that day.

“The kid who had been pilfering my lunch was truly sorry. She refused to apologise. She pureed chillis to look like tomato sauce.”

While another admitted: “I once accidentally made waffles with cayenne instead of cinnamon. I was snacking on the first one while cooking the rest and was very confused. But honestly, happy mistake.”

“Dude, I did this to MYSELF when I was 8,” someone else wrote. “I don’t remember what sauce it was but I was DYING. My dad’s a doctor and he just laughed and laughed and laughed after he finally realised what happened. It happens bro, and this is gonna be a laughing matter soon! Talk about a funny family story.”

Don’t miss the latest news from around Scotland and beyond – Sign up to our daily newsletter here.





Source link

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

close